The commercial documents display product values and quantities.
- Proforma Invoice – this represents an offer by an exporter to sell specified goods for a certain price and at certain terms in a formal manner.
- Commercial Invoice – this indicates the value of goods for export in the currency of transaction. . It is also useful for processing the Nigeria Export Proceed form (NXP)
- Packing list – is a document used for customs declaration to identify the quantity, weight, dimension and carton count.
Goods Movement Documents
This deals with all documents needed for the delivery of goods to the buyer in the medium specified in the export contract
- A certificate of origin is a document declaring in which country a commodity or good was manufactured. The certificate of origin contains information regarding the product, its destination, and the country of export.
- Bill of Lading (shipping document): this indicates the details of goods transported by sea.
- Air Way Bill (shipping document) : this indicates the details of goods transported by air.
- Road Transport Bill (shipping document): this indicates the details of goods transported by road.
- Clean certificate of inspection – issued by pre-shipment inspection agencies
- Certificate of weight & quality – issued by independent quality assessor